Thursday 22 January 2015

Stevia Vs Sugar


When I first heard that sugar is bad for you, like any other person I took that vague answer and ignored it...  I love all my sweet treats!

I am not perfect in the healthy eating category (unlike my sister) but I try my best and I have started making those small changes.

Sugar is bad for you but why? Well there are many reasons but one in particular that my sister shared with me stuck!

To put it simply, sugar breaks down the collagen and elastin in your skin, making it dull, sag, and create those dreaded wrinkles! Also, once collagen has broken down it is very difficult to build back naturally.

Stevia is a natural sugar derived from plants which is a great alternative to sugar.  It is calorie-free and can taste up to 200 times more sweeter than sugar!  Stevia takes a little getting used to in taste but I honestly love it and I feel that you actually do use less than you would with sugar because it is much sweeter in taste.


Stevia can be found in powder or liquid form.

I use the powder form when making tea or coffee and I have not purchased sugar for nearly 6 months now!

Admittedly it's a small change in cutting sugar but one that I have adopted pretty quickly and I don't miss the sugar.

I still eat items with sugar in them (naughty me!), but if you make one change today then swap your sugar for Stevia in your tea/coffee or even baking!

Every little helps!

F & F

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment